Wednesday 6 October 2010

Sesquipedalian

My new word of the day is Sesquipedalian after listening to a chairperson for over two hours use big words and strangely placed quotes. Like this one "There is a Chinese saying that states you can take a donkey to water but you can't make it drink". What, where did this come from? Weren't we talking about Aids Day? And that defiantly is not Chinese that is for sure. Oh and it is a horse, not a donkey, a horse. By the way Mr Chairperson you can make it drink by giving it salt at the water's edge. Old cowboy trick or was that Chinese? I took this photo on my way to the boring meeting in Umjantshi House. It is a different view of the Gautrain Terminus at Braamfontein. I must say there is another interesting word that is for the fear of long words, sesquipedalophobia and if you have it bad like I do then I suffer from hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia.

No comments:

Popular Posts