Thursday 25 September 2008

Thandi

I don’t feel like working after the mid-week public holiday but work I have to do. This is Thandi who works with Carol, she was just leaving as I arrived back home from Metrorail. In the evening I decided to channel hop through all the news channels and was very troubled with the financial turmoil the world finds itself in. I feel South Africa is in the same place America was a few months back. The banks are in denial that we don’t have a problem. The sale of homes has virtually come to a standstill and house prices have started to drop. The banks are trying to shore up the leaking boat by recalling bad debts early. Seeing what is happening in America they have a head start. While the banks are holding their cards close to their chests, the rest of South Africa eyes are focused on the new president of South Africa as he is sworn in.

No comments:

Popular Posts