Sunday 28 August 2011

Swim Anyone

This morning started out cold and miserable as if winter didn’t want to let go. I stayed at home working on a website which is dead lined for end of this month, oh dear that is this Wednesday. By afternoon summer had returned to Johannesburg. To take a break I joined other dog walkers walking their dogs in the veld below my cottage. The dogs except mine just wanted to swim after the ducks and geese. Have you ever seen a Dachshund run straight into the water tail twirling as a propeller? It is a sight to see as they can swim fast.

When I got back from the walk I found a small brown tick on Maxy and two on Jade. Oh no, I was beside myself. After a through checking of the dogs, my skin started crawling in all places as if there were ticks inside my clothes. I stripped and jumped straight into the shower. Every now and then it feels like they still there. I only hope it is all in my mind.


No comments:

Popular Posts