Tuesday 25 September 2018

No Trust Discovery Insure


When I arrived home back from work this evening, the house felt empty without Matthew around as he is back at Res. His Sky Watcher telescope was still out and not put away as it should be. Oh well perfect opportunity to take a photo for the insurance, not that I need to but I don't trust my insurance company Discovery Insure anymore, well not after my pickup debacle which still remains unresolved.

On Thursday the 1st of February 2018, my pickup caught fire, yes it is a Ford, but due to quick thinking on my part I managed to stop the fire by disconnecting the battery. Discovery Insure sent a tow truck to fetch my pickup and it was taken away to their yard to await on one of Discovery's assessors. An assessor phoned me the next day and asked for a copy of the receipt that the tow company left me when they took my pickup. The following week, every day other people from Discovery Insure's appointed assessor company phoned me looking for my pickup. Yes they had lost my pickup and they only found it a week later on  Friday 9 February. An assessor then phoned me and asked if my pickup battery was flat, my answer was no. 

Then the following week the claim was approved and my pickup moved to a Discovery Insure appointed panel beater, Nu Wagon. On the 5 March my pickup was returned but that is when I discovered my alarm was not working. I took it straight back to Nu Wagon the next day but they told me that there never was an alarm system. WHAT! Then why do I have a remote, why is there alarm wires, an anti-hijack button, and an alarm siren still on my pickup? Someone stole my alarm system while it was lost for a week.

And to this day Discovery Insure has not come to the party and replace the alarm that was stolen while on their watch. No one at Discovery Insure wants to take ownership and just hopes that I would go away. And then today, 237 days later (33 weeks and 6 days or 7 months and 25 days), is the first time a Discovery Insure employee phoned me. I nearly fell off my chair. Oh no wait he was just informing me of the person who will be looking into my matter. Nothing has been resolved yet.

Nothing, so you can read, you can not trust Discovery Insure.



No comments:

Popular Posts