Saturday 26 May 2018

You Are Next


My hope is built on nothing less than Jesus' blood and righteousness. It has been one of those weeks. My mind was taken off my situation and brought squarely onto my son Matthew. Last Friday he lost his mom, and he demeanour came across as blank. He was hard to read, yet at the same time I found him vulnerable. 

I dare not trust the sweetest frame but wholly lean on Jesus name. This week also came the news of my best friend's oldest brother's father-in-law passing away. Now Howard was one of the Brethren elders that was from my past and now he has gone to be with the Lord after serving faithfully. When was on the phone with my best friend early this week, he reminded me that my prediction I gave Howard many years ago did not come true. Now I had forgotten all about this prediction that he had to remind me. At my best friend's father's funeral I said to Howard that he was next. Oops I don't remember how that conversation started or that I said those words but it sounds just like me to have said them and it was witnessed by my best friend. 

But wholly lean on Jesus name I rest on His unchanging grace. "You are next" at a funeral, uhmmm, okay I promise I did not say those words today to anyone at Howard's memorial service which was held in Kliptown West. Typical of most Brethren events, the Gospel has to be preached in case there were any chance of an unbeliever present. 

In every high and stormy gale my anchor holds within the veil. Looking down at the Hymns of Light and Love serving as doorstops, a familiar hymn started, and I listened to every word as words of songs are very important to me. Words mean a lot. On Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand.

All other ground is sinking sand. what is with these old hymns whose words of truth can cut so deep. His oath, His covenant, His blood supports me in the overwhelming flood when all around my soul gives way. He then is all my hope and stay. And the door is still being held open for me.

On Christ the solid rock I stand 
All other ground is sinking sand 
All other ground is sinking sand

No comments:

Popular Posts