Monday 28 May 2018

Memory of Carol



It was with trepidation that I walked into that God1st hall in Benoni. But suck it in buttercup, you here for the living, and I had to leave all that hurt and sorry at the door. Most of the people there haven't seen me for years, as I in my mind was the ogre but here I was at Carol's memorial. Some didn't even know that I was he. With sad fluttering butterflies in my stomach I stepped forward, putting on a brave face for Matthew, in loving memory of Carol.


There was many tears in the hall today, as people shared their fun yet sad anecdotes, then Matthew stepped up to the stage, and my heart proudly beated as he recollected flawlessly memories of his mother. I know he must have been butterflies but he stood tall for his mum as the memory of her will live in him.




No comments:

Popular Posts