Wednesday 25 April 2018

Paint Dry


Ancient mariners used to say that fair weather when setting out from port was always a bad omen compared to getting the bad weather over and done with at the beginning of the voyage. Setting out for Bloemfontein didn't get to a good start.

The plan was for me to get picked up between 6 and 7, well I finally got picked up just before 12. This at work just got away with very one that the departure time just got pushed out to 9am and again to 12. I was by this time even considering taking my Vespa down. I have done long trips on my Vespa before but with my back as it is, I was concerned.

Finally the double cap pick up arrived, and with a bit of rearranging the load, we were on our way and finally arrived at 4pm in Bloemfontein. Now to get our stand sorted out before the main load arrives.

I was tasked to manage 2 labourers paint the feature wall red, while the others set out to sort our accommodation. So here I am watching the paint dry. 

This has been a long day. Hopefully with a bumpy start, things will smooth out from here on and it will a blessing to be here.

No comments:

Popular Posts