Wednesday 24 January 2018

PnP Bulk Fail


Once again Pick 'n Pay Hyper has dropped the ball in food prices which makes me want to do a monthly shopping basket comparison of all the supermarket stores in our area, Checkers, Checkers Hyper, Kwikspar, Pick 'n Pay, Pick 'n Pay Hyper, President Hyper, Spar, Super Spar, and Woolworths. So I need to make up a shopping list for a basket that I can use across stores.

Since I do a lot of the grocery shopping I tend to notice the specials and am starting to be picky. Since it is nearing month end, I had to slip into a supermarket to buy some lean mince and we tend to buy in bulk because when buying in bulk the prices are slightly lower well that is not the case at the Princess Crossing Pick 'n Pay Hyper. For them bulk means charge more at R84.99 per kg as compared to the smaller packs at R79.99 per kg. What were they thinking? Anyways I bought a few packs of the smaller the lean mince even though it doesn't look that lean to me.


No comments:

Popular Posts