Monday 17 October 2016

Samwise the Brave


Okay not quite Sam from Tolkein’s stories, but Sam from Bosasa. Whenever someone says that their name is Sam I think of Samwise Gamgee, and yes my hobbits, it is a quote about him from The Two Towers that bring me inspiration now in these dark days. "There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach."

And Sam bravely re-glues down the piece of carpet tile that has being a safety hazard in my office for a while now thereby bringing a glimmer of hope that everything will be alright in the end. Oh and did I mention we have a new Espresso coffee machine in our office. Watch me bounce off the walls now.

No comments:

Popular Posts