Wednesday 31 December 2014

Stormy End to 2014


The Year 2014 started on an extreme low for me but gradually climbed out of the mud and into a better space. For a review of my year read my post I wrote on Last Sunday. And now as I look at this stormy late afternoon of the end of 2014 with the crepuscular shards of light breaking the darkness, I just had to stop and marvel on how good my God has been with the light bringing joy to my soul.

So as we end the Year 2014 on a stormy note, I will set forth into the New Year, 2015, with the words of Pope Francis "Today too, amid so much darkness, we need to see the light of hope and to be men and women who bring hope to others. To protect creation, to protect every man and every woman, to look upon them with tenderness and love, is to open up a horizon of hope; it is to let a shaft of light break through the heavy clouds; it is to bring the warmth of hope! For believers, for us Christians, like Abraham, like Saint Joseph, the hope that we bring is set against the horizon of God, which has opened up before us in Christ. It is a hope built on the rock which is God."

No comments:

Popular Posts