Thursday 30 October 2014

Shudufhadzo


What is in a name? I fill up my Vespa often at the Engen garage down the road from my work and this young petrol attendant has always been very helpful. Only today did I notice his name badge and well this is the first time I came across the name Shudufhadzo.

Shudufhadzo tells me that he is from Venda, well that explains it then as this is not one of the common isZulu, Xhosa, Sotho, Pedi, or even Tswana names that we find here in Johannesburg. I tried to find out what the name means but I don't know many Vendas nor can I find it on the internet. What I did find out that it is a common Venda name. What I like about the Venda people are the women with their satellite dishes, is their traditional respect for men.

Shudu Vat So!

No comments:

Popular Posts