Tuesday 20 May 2014

Zebras in Pyjamas


Somehow I feel that it is becoming a zoo where I am working as now I am starting to see zebras. I have only seen 2 so far, so I will name them Jim and Jam for the alternative word for pyjamas, jimjams or jammies.

A few months back with all the rain, I would have been very concerned with the sudden appearance of two zebras outside my office. I would have looked around for some crazy old man building a rather large boat.

Now this reminds me of the story about a zebra who had lived her entire life in a zoo and was getting on a bit so the zoo keeper decided as a treat that she could spend her final years in bliss on a farm.

Arriving at the farm, the excited zebra got out of the horse trailer to see this huge space with a green grass hill in the background, trees and all these strange animals. She saw a big fat weird looking brown thingy and ran up to it all excited, "Hi! I'm a zebra, what are you?" "I'm a cow" said the cow. "Righty then and what do you do?" asked the zebra. "I make milk for the farmer" said the cow. "Cool beans." The zebra then saw this funny looking little white thingy and ran over to it. "Hi, I'm a zebra, what are you?" "I'm a chicken," replied the chicken. "Oh, right, what do you do?" asked the zebra. "I make eggs for the farmer." replied the chicken. "Righty, great, see y’all round." Then the zebra saw this very tall handsome beast that looked almost exactly like her without the stripes. She trotted over to it and said, "Hi, I'm a zebra, what are you?" "I am a Stallion," puffed the stallion. "Wow," said the zebra. "What do you do?" "Take off your pyjamas darling, and I'll show you."

No comments:

Popular Posts