Tuesday 22 October 2013

Closed Crime Scene


Thank goodness that I went to work today on my Vespa. Little did I know that 50 kilometres away a minibus taxi and the police had a confrontation with bullets flying and the taxi fleeing south. By the time the taxi reached the section of highway next to my work, a police helicopter was firing into the taxi from the air with the taxi driver and his accomplice returning fire. The bullet riddled taxi soon came to a halt a few 100 metres from my work with the driver shot in the upper leg and accomplice fleeing the scene.

The highway was closed for the rest of the day and early evening. The traffic from here on out was catastrophic. The crime scene was crawling with more South African Police and Metro Police than I ever thought existed in Johannesburg. Only in South Africa.

No comments:

Popular Posts