Friday 4 January 2013

iShaka Marine World


Today was dedicated to iShaka Marine World where Matthew spent the day enjoying the water slides while I watched from the sides. But I was not alone as Lynda joined us as she too is on leave and staying with her parents in New Germany.

While Matthew was having fun, Lynda and I explored to aquarium. It was here that I found these lovely examples of the Pterois Miles or the Devil Firefish. They brought back memories of my first ever sea dive at the reef called the Crèche off Ponte De Ouro, Mozambique. As the group of divers dropped from the surface to the reef, we landed in a school of Devil Firefish. I eyeing out these venomous fish in the ebb waiting for the rest of the group to join. It was an interesting first dive for me.

No comments:

Popular Posts