Friday 10 February 2012

Italian Greyhound vs Whippet


Skye is certainly growing fast. The size difference between a Italian Greyhound and a Whippet is now starting to show. Trying to keep Skye still for a photo comparison with the other dogs is near impossible. Here is Jade on the left, a just over 2 year old Italian Greyhound next to Skye, a 10 week old Whippet. Skye is nearly the same height as Jade; he is certainly now heavier already with stockier legs compared with Jade's more toned delicate legs. Jade is more refined whereas Skye is chewing everything he can get into his mouth. Maybe it is because he is still a puppy, every soft toy has been disemboweled and no toe is safe with him around.

This afternoon after work, I had my first meeting of our pack with the animal behaviorist, Sam. Everybody thinks their family a little weird but the best, and that includes me, my three Italian Greyhounds and a Whippet. Sam was here to give a different perspective on my pack and how we can improve. Yes, like all families we have our problems and they have grown with us. Sam thinks she can help our pack live a more rewarding life together. Well, I have been a good boy, now where is my treat.

1 comment:

Gabi Italian Greyhound said...

I love this comparison. What a gorgeous Iggy you have.

Popular Posts