Thursday 26 January 2012

Dainfern Cougars


After work I headed towards Dainfern Valley Shopping Centre to meet a friend at the Piatto Restaurant. Now this friend is about to start her second year Animal Behaviorist studies and is interested in making me and my four dogs part of her practical. So we met to discuss it over coffee.

On arriving, I did my normal thing, I checked in on Foursquare and was astounded to see a tip left by another friend under the restaurant's name to watch out for the cougars. Now looking carefully around me, I didn't see any cougars. Although I don't even know how I would recognize one until it's too late. Maybe Piatto is Cougar Central because it is surrounded by upper class housing estates like Dainfern, Dainfern Ridge and Dainfern Valley which must have many housewives alone while the husbands are off to work. For those who don't know what a cougar is, they are the sugar mommies of today, older women who prey on younger men who are young enough to be their sons.

This tip should serve the restaurants in Johannesburg a wake up lesson. You need to take control of what is been said about your establishment on social networks like Facebook, Twitter and Foursquare. My friends and I regularly check in on Foursquare and read or leave tips about the service or food. For example the Posers Scooter Club is having dinner at a restaurant in Douglasdale tomorrow and reading up what people are saying about the restaurant, most gave good advice on the best food to order but one writes "The manageresses are really horrible. But the people are nice." Oh dear, let's hope that we get good service tomorrow.

Okay I sidetracked a little, back to the cougars, maybe we were at Piatto at the wrong time because I didn't see any and the meeting discussing the potential collaboration in improving my pack's wellbeing went well.

No comments:

Popular Posts