Thursday 5 January 2012

Christmas Bay


It is much cooler than yesterday's humid blast with soft drizzle falling. A perfect day for the beach. So at 5 am I headed for Salmon Bay, the most southern of Ballito’s beaches and walked north with my Italian Greyhounds in the early morning sun. We have been told that the beaches have been cleaned after the New Year long weekend but there was broken glass, beer bottles, chicken and chop bones everywhere. It was a nightmare for me trying my three away from the bones. Two hours was enough for me and headed back to Paws for Thought for breakfast.

Matthew and I decided to find a better beach to walk the dogs. So we went north away from the big city and found Christmas Bay, a perfect beach to walk the dogs and for Matthew to snorkel the tidal rock pools. It was a perfect day with no crowds and no mess. Just Matthew, three Italian Greyhounds and I on a beach all by ourselves with only bottle nose dolphins to share it with us as they frocked in the back line.

No comments:

Popular Posts