Monday 26 December 2011

Sterkfontein Caves


No before you ask I do believe that we humans are made in God's image as the bible states it but also believe God made all the other humanoids. I must also say that I find the Aquatic Ape Theory interesting as it others an alternative hypothesis that we were already different from the apes when our ancestors moved onto the savannah. You can see Elaine Morgan's spirited defense of the Aquatic Ape Theory on Ted. It makes more sense than Darwinism but then as usual God gets in the way. I suppose we can never explain God nor fathom His ways.

I truly believe that the links between the species is not a family tree but proof of a common Creator. For example a manufacturer of motor vehicles will use common ideas in different vehicle lines. The manufacturer will make motorbikes, hatchbacks, sedans, sports cars, multi-purpose vehicles, all terrain vehicles and even trucks. All different but yet all interlinked through the common manufacturer. Yes I do understand it is a bit simplistic but that is what I believe and anyway when I finally meet the Creator I'll find out the truth and who cares if I am wrong then, I will just be so happy where I am.

So why am I writing about my take on evolution, well today Matthew and I went and visited the Sterkfontein Caves where a number of significant humanoid discoveries have been found which has led to the region to be called the Cradle of Humankind. The tour guide welcomed us home as if he believes we came from the apes, ha ha. Anyway the caves which are part of a number of limestone caves in the region were never inhabited as it was impossible to get in or out other than falling in which has led to the humanoid discoveries. In the gold rush history of Johannesburg, limestone was mined for the processing of the gold and sadly places like the Sterkfontein and Wonder caves were not left in pristine condition. But that was the past, now I must say that a lot of effort has put in making the Sterkfontein Caves a true world heritage site that it is. It is worth the visit even if you think you come from an ape and I don't. Go figure.

No comments:

Popular Posts