Saturday 17 December 2011

Santa visits an Orphanage


Wow this has been a busy long weekend and today no exception. I have to thank Magda for volunteering me to be Santa at the Compass Community Provision and Social Services orphanage in Edenvale. Maybe it was my girth size that gave me away or maybe it was my jolly personality. At first I wasn't sure what to expect being Santa at an orphanage but I was surprised when I arrived there in the afternoon to find that so many families had come to spend the day with the orphans and give them a Christmas to remember. And not to forget to meet Santa.

When I walked out with the Santa outfit on, one small girl just came running up to me with no reservations and wide arms open arms. My heart simply melted. After giving me this huge tiny hug the flood gates opened on cue and the rest of the children came running. With all these kids trying to hold me at the same time, it was priceless. I didn't know that I would be a successful Santa but to these kids it meant so much that Santa was visiting them personally. Although it was hot in that Santa outfit, the kids were worth it every minute.

No comments:

Popular Posts