Wednesday 10 August 2011

Marlene

The hero of the past weekend is Marlene, she organized the Sani Pass Vespa Adventure. Magda and I met Marlene at a scooter rally to Hartebeespoort. I had to leave early and Magda became good friends with Marlene. At the rally Marlene told Magda that she wanted to do the Sani Pass help raise funds to get two endurance riders to the 2012 Dakar Rally. Magda then excitedly told Marlene that I also wanted to do the Sani Pass on my Vespa. And that is how Magda, Marlene and I started planning for the Sani Pass Vespa Adventure. Charlie joined us soon afterwards and we met her on a Vespa training ride up a local mountain pass in Magaliesberg on 17 April. The four Vespas and four support vehicles were ready for Lesotho. Marlene was riding the red Vespa P150X called Mathilda which made it to the top of Sani Pass with Sophia and me while her husband Thinus supported us.

One of my camera's SD cards got corrupted when downloading photos to a laptop after Day Two. With the photos on the laptop in Pretoria, Marlene went and fetched a copy for me on a DVD. We then met for coffee at Vodaworld in Midrand to exchange disks; I gave her a copy of my photos at the same time. With all my images now in one place I selected quite a few to give you all an idea what the trip was all about. Go to my album Sani Pass Vespa Adventure to view.


No comments:

Popular Posts