Sunday 14 August 2011

Azawakh and Jumpers

I have been looking forward to this morning for a long time as it was our 2nd Sighthound Walk this year. We had invited Afghan Hounds, Azawakhs, Basenjis, Borzois (Russian Wolfhounds), Chart Polskis (Polish Greyhounds), Galgo Españols (Spanish Greyhounds), Greyhounds, Hortaya Borzayas, Irish Wolfhounds, Italian Greyhounds, Magyar Agárs (Hungarian Greyhounds), Pharoah Hounds, Salukis (Persian Greyhounds), Scottish Deerhounds, Silken Windhounds, Sloughis and Whippets.

It was a great turnout with many hound breeds turning up including the only Azawakh is South Africa. The Azawakh is a North African hound that is related to the Greyhound family but slightly taller and skinner. I think I am in love. On top of the Italian Greyhounds, I want one Whippet, one normal Greyhound and an Azawakh. Maybe I should get a representative of each Greyhound family member. To see more photos of the beautiful Azawakh see my album Azawakh on Facebook.

I didn't have much time afterwards as I had to rush over to Edenvale for the Hell Jumpers’ Team Meeting. So I quickly dropped off my dogs at home after my lovely walk and rushed to the other side of town. Being the WarTog for the team didn't save me as MadDog put a price on my butt and during the SWAT game after the meeting I was the target a few times but I survived. I posted images up on my Facebook album Hell's Jumpers Team Meeting.


No comments:

Popular Posts