Tuesday 12 July 2011

Chekhov

Anton Chekhov once wrote "We are accustomed to live in hopes of good weather, a good harvest, a nice love-affair, hopes of becoming rich or getting the office of chief of police, but I've never noticed anyone hoping to get wiser. We say to ourselves: it'll be better under a new tsar, and in two hundred years it'll still be better, and nobody tries to make this good time come tomorrow. On the whole, life gets more and more complex every day and moves on its own sweet will, and people get more and more stupid, and get isolated from life in ever-increasing numbers." Does this still ring true some 150 years later? Uhmmmm.

Today has been a normal coding day with me all dressed warm battling to recover from my bout of cute Bronchitis and code being rendered to take a user on a path of my choosing. Chekhov also penned "Any idiot can face a crisis; it's this day to day living that wears you out." Yes so true, so here I am, thinking of Chekhov instead of taking my medicine and getting into bed, I must going crazy. Anyway before I head for my warm bed, here is a portrait shot of Thando who sits opposite me at the office.

No comments:

Popular Posts