Friday 6 March 2009

WIR Preparations

Communications and Marketing Department and I were very busy today getting the final touches to the Women in Rail conference ready before tomorrow. The WIR as it is known is about introducing women to business of Metrorail and trying to get more of them knowledgeable of the tender processes. Here is Dolly, she works with the Edu-Train and loves working with children. In my quiet moments we chat quite alot about the differences of white and black cultures and families. She brings a bit of sanity into what could be a bad day at work. Just before I finish up at 3pm the Minister of Transport’ spokesperson phones and says that the minister will be there and wants to address the delegates. Everything now had to change, the programme, the speakers and the security arrangements. After waiting forever for the Minister to approve of the new programme we went with two programmes, Option A and Option B. I only got out of Metrorail at 6:30pm. It is so sad because it is a Friday evening and here I was working. Later it dawned on me that next month is elections and this must be the reason why the minster is rocking up. With this in mind I drew up a bingo scorecard not with numbers but with words such as ANC, COPE, VOTE, ELECTIONS, MANDELA, JACOB ZUMA ect ect. Let’s see if I am wrong.

No comments:

Popular Posts