Tuesday 17 February 2009

Vulture Culture

I have to get this off my chest. Last week Keba left Metrorail all of a sudden, reasons unknown to us. She left three pairs of shoes, six litres of UV milk and a large tin of coffee. I noticed that the coffee and some milk had disappeared during the week. So I contacted Keba and told her to come and pick up her stuff before it all disappears. This morning I threw my toys out of the cot. This morning there was only ONE litre of milk left. I said on top of my voice for all on our floor to hear that we have a thief in our department. Someone with long fingers is stealing Keba’s stuff. I won’t mention the person’s name as it could be liable, so just call her Ms Longfingers. While I was busy proclaiming to the department that we have a problem, Ms Longfingers stood up and said how dare I call it stealing? It was taking not stealing; there is a big difference to her. She admitted that she took the milk do I have a problem with it and now that she told me there was no problem with it. It is not stealing in her eyes but just taking. I am starting to think that there is a culture in South Africa that we can just take what is not ours because we have been discriminated against in the past. So it is our right. It is not stealing. To Ms Longfingers and many others that we can see in our government, there is a big difference from taking and stealing. Okay that was me given my 5c worth. Today’s photo is of Paul and José with their heads bowed in shame about the vulture culture. Paul who used to be our ICT manager is now the Logistics and Benchmarking manager. Who can blame him?

No comments:

Popular Posts