Friday 26 September 2008

Respect

Today started off wonderfully. On the radio while driving to work, our new president, Kgalema Motlanthe, announced his new cabinet. What made me so cheerful was that the fool our health minister, Manto Tshabalala-Msimang, has been replaced. For those who don’t know much about this crazy fool, let me put it this way. Would you trust a Finance Minister who went personally went bankrupt while in office? No. Well the same goes for a Health Minister who is fat, smokes and drinks like there is no tomorrow. While in office she was diagnosed with an alcoholic liver disease and jumped the queue for a liver transplant. She also states that HIV does not lead to AIDS and that by eating beetroot you will be cured. I am afraid that beetroot did not help her liver. Another news item which also made my morning was that Ekurhuleni’s Chief of the Metropolitan Police Robert McBride was fired. What a rotten scoundrel. I was walking on cloud nine all mourning. In the afternoon I went to Metrorail’s cultural function to celebrate last Wednesday’s Heritage Day. It was wonderful to see all the colours of the traditional dresses. Reds of the Zulus, Greens of the Shangans, Browns of the Xhosas, Yellows of the Phedis and Blues of the Vendas. Not only that, I was blown away by the traditional submissiveness of the women to the men. I will never forget how the Venda women lay as low as they could before me. My day ended in respect.

No comments:

Popular Posts