Saturday 19 January 2008

Zusterstroom

Men's group started today on a misty Saturday morning. It was good to see some of my old friends again. When I got back I started working again on one of my client's CRM system which is giving errors. I am the third developer coding on it and as some of you might know how difficult that is, to take over someone else's work. Just as I got into it, another load shedding episode happened. Oh boy. So off to the farm I went to deliver an old wash machine to the Lesters. The trip to Zusterstroom (Sister Stream) was in the pouring rain but in the Olifant's Valley it was just humid and cloudy. The dirt road into the valley was washed away in two places and Carol was not please that I scrapped the bottom of the A-Class and tested the traction control a number of times. Anyway missionaries Clinton and Jill (pictured) were happy with our delivery. I could normally walk across the rocks at this spot in the Wilge River which is seen in the background in full flood. That is a lot of raging water. The stone work between the Lesters and the river is a sluice built by the Voortrekkers to power a mill. The river side of the sluice was partially washed away in a previous flood and had to be rebuilt. That is the end of today's history lesson.

No comments:

Popular Posts